Please use these guidelines to prepare your proposal. Please include all seven requirements.
1. TITLE (5-15 words): A descriptive title for your proposed presentation and/or paper
2. SUMMARY (50-100 words): A brief summary of the topic covered in your proposed presentation/paper
3. PRÉCIS (1,000-1,500 words): A summary that includes your thesis, all of the supporting arguments and your conclusion for your proposed presentation/paper
4. SOURCES (50-100 words): A general list of primary and secondary research sources supporting your proposed presentation/paper
5. SHORT BIOGRAPHY (75-100 words): A brief description of you
6. RÉSUMÉ (One Page): A resume with relevant educational and research accomplishments
7. PROPOSAL FOR: Please indicate one
- Symposium presentation only
- Regional History Series book only
- Both Symposium presentation and the Regional History Series book
- Either Symposium presentation or the Regional History Series book
Selecting “Either” will not negatively impact the possibility of acceptance of your proposal for both, but may increase the possibility for acceptance for one or the other if both cannot be accommodated.
Note: Written papers (6,000-12,000 words) accepted for consideration for publication in the Regional History Series must be submitted in near-final form one month prior to the Symposium date. If accepted, revised final papers must be submitted shortly after the symposium. Paper guidelines will be provided on acceptance of proposals.